This page provides you with critical information regarding examination regulations.
- No ID, No Exam!
- Attend the correct examination venue
- Attending specially arranged examinations
- During the examination
It is mandatory for all students sitting examinations at Bentley campus to be in possession of their Curtin Student ID card, which is to be placed on their desk for Supervisors to check during reading time. If you do not have your ID card you will not be permitted entry to the examination venue, and will be directed to the Student Service Centre, Building 101 at the Bentley campus to obtain an ID card.
You will not be provided with additional time to sit the examinations after you obtain your new card, nor will you be admitted into the examination after the first hour has elapsed. The Student Service Centre will operate extended opening hours during the examination period to facilitate this process, and provisions will be made for students who are unable to pay for their ID card at the time of issue.
If the examination is held at a location other than Bentley, a driver's licence or passport is acceptable as photographic identification until an ID card can be obtained.
The Student Service Centre can be contacted via:
Telephone: +61 1300 222 888
You will be admitted into the examination venue five minutes prior to the commencement of the examination and must obey the Supervisor's instructions throughout the examination.
Unless otherwise instructed by the Supervisor, all unauthorised materials, i.e. textbooks, notes, etc., and hats and caps must be placed in your bags. Bags are to be placed under the desk between the your feet.
Mobile phones or any other device (other than an approved calculator) capable of storing text or restricted information must be turned off and placed in your bag prior to the commencement of the examination. If you do not have a bag, all unauthorised materials, including mobile phones, must be placed face down between your feet.
If you are found to be in possession of a mobile phone or any other device (other than an approved calculator) capable of storing text or restricted information you will be subject to a fine of $200. A sanction, preventing you from viewing your academic results or graduating, will be placed on you student record until the fee is paid.
If unauthorised material is found in your possession during an examination you could face disciplinary action. "In possession" means on or next to your desk or chair, in or on your clothing, on your body, or in your wallet or purse.
- The Supervisor will advise you when you can commence the examination. You may make notes during the reading time in accordance with instructions given on the examination paper.
- If you think there is an error or omission in the examination paper you can bring this to the attention of the Supervisor, who will contact the Examinations Office for clarification.
- If you require additional material you should raise a hand until attended to.
- During the examination you are not allowed to communicate amongst other students, or to act in any way that is improper, in an attempt to obtain assistance.
- If you have left the examination venue you will not be allowed to return unless you have been under approved supervision for the period of your absence (e.g. to go to the toilet).
- You may not leave the venue within the first hour or the last 15 minutes of the examination, nor leave the venue at the completion of the examination until advised by the Supervisor.
- You must hand in your examination script with your name and student ID number written on it even if you have not completed any of the paper.